- The Carolyn E. Wylie Center for Children, Youth, & Families
- Voices 4 Change
- Child Advocates of San Bernardino County, a CASA organization
- Rainbow Pride Youth Alliance (RPYA) in San Bernardino
- Knotts Family and Parenting Institute
The Center is a non-profit organization serving children and their families in Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Nursing Faculty, Drs Mary Molle and Teresa Dodd-Butera are engaged in collaborative partnership activities that fall into two main categories:
- Developing a relationship between CSUSB and the Wylie Center to achieve goals in supporting families while providing a forum for studying needs of the community and providing learning opportunities for students.
- Working with the Perinatal Mood Disorder Task Force to preventing child abuse and neglect in the Inland Empire by fostering healthy relationships between new mothers, fathers, and their infants. The effort is led by Lisa Dryan, Director of Mental Health Services of the Wylie Center, and includes an array of community members and professionals.
Improving community health among low-income African American and Latino residents of San Bernardino’s westside is the primary goal of this project that partners with community members in identifying changes desired in their communities and making those changes happen.
Drs. David Chavez, Sybil Carrere, and Marsha Greer are participants in both the information the group is gathering and sharing, and in meeting with the project leaders on the goals and progress of their program.